Concrete flooring

How much does it cost to install a concrete floor such as this link:
http://www.lovejoyconstruction.com/conflrsealed.jpg
is it more or less than installing hard wood or ceramic tiles?
I wonder in this case if I already have a concrete slab, and have ceramic tiles on, do I demolish the existing ceramic tiles and pour the concrete flooring on top of the slab, or just polish and finish the existing slab?
I understand typically they will cut grooves, is this purely decorative or a way to put in expansion joints?
Thanks,
MC

Speaking only as a potential buyer and homeowner, I'd hope it'd be MUCH less, cus it sure is ass ugly in comparison to hard wood, or any other natural finish.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /

With out seeing the installation area anything would be a WAG.
I would not put concrete over tile. Polish the existing concrete? Huh No do not polish the concrete you might want to etch the old concrete for a better bond.
The grooves can be either decorative or expansion.
Call some local contractors and have them look at the area you want to do. You will probably loose a couple of inches (min) in height if you try the concrete method. Less concrete might break up in time.
Ever consider the new epoxy paints? They can be made to look like almost anything. No height worries.
I have no idea what the picture is showing. If you want to learn more about decorative concrete go here: www.thestampstore.com or here: www.decorative-concrete.net
New simple slab on grade concrete in my area is about $3-$4 per SF. Decorative starts at about $9.
Decorative concrete overlays are quite common and are typically about 1/4". You can get many colors and textures. If you wander around the stampstore site, you can see many examples.