concrete floor cracks

I have some hairline cracks in the concrete floor of my garage. I am getting ready to epoxy it and want to seal the cracks. There are a bunch of products out there to seal hairline cracks. I would appreciate recommendatons as to what works well.
Thanks.

Brush some of the epoxy finish into the cracks and let it cure before finishing the entire floor; adhesion is good (usual precautions apply), it doesn't shrink, so it makes a pretty good crack filler if the gap isn't too big. Keep it level with the floor surface, of course.
Joe
Get a moistue testing kit on that concrete before you even consider epoxy. #1 cause of epoxy failure is moisture transmission.
Also, hairline cracks are easy to fill, but the filling doesn't last long if you're in a cold climate--too much expansion and contraction.
We did the moisture test and it was dry as a bone. We live in NC and for the most part winters are relatively mild. I'll ignore the 20 inch snow storm we had a few years ago.

use mortar, if it reopens use silicone caulk, it expands and contracts

It bears repeating../keep silicones away from anything that must be painted.
Joe

bare concrete in a garage is preferable, at least to me. it requires basically NO maintence!
one you coat it with anything, wear, heat from tires etc will cause grief.
best to never coat it again, and those cracks will move over time, much more noticeable
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ditto here. Over the years I never coated garage floor with anything. Leaving as is best for me. No grief, no repeated work.

Next time you are in a professional service garage note the painted floor. The reason for this is quite simple, safety. Spills of oil, brake fluid, antifreeze and hypoid oils will always soak into concrete. The cleanup is fast and complete with a decent floor finish. With bare concrete residue is always left behind with inevitable buildup. The crud looks nasty, causes accidents and costs more to keep under control. Besides, trying to sell a house with an ugly oil stain where you parked your Yugo is going to be a big disappointment in today's market.
Joe
Turns out Rustoleum makes a 2 part epoxy crack filler for this purpose. Ready to paint in 8 hours. Too bad it is hard to find and not mentioned in the instructions that come with the epoxyshield coating.