Concrete Expansion joint

The asphalt material that makes up the expansion joint between my driveway approach and the street is in need of replacement, it only last about 4 yrs, this will be the second time that I have replaced it.
I was going to experiment with this foam they use to fill cracks and stop drafts. Its in a spray can.
Any thoughts?
thanks
Tom

Foam backer rod, and polyurethane caulk designed for this pupose. Greg