Concrete Driveway

I built my own house last year (finished in Dec) and the way the city worked out the grading on my lot, I had to raise the grade 5 feet next to the foundation. Does anyone have any idea how long this dirt will take to settle before I can pave my driveway? I got about 5 inches of crush stone on it now. It went through a Canadian winter, Do you think it's ready?
Thanks,
Glenn

No I do not. I worked for the highway commission in Iowa for a time. We ran a new 2 lane state highway in the back of a lake. The engineer put a 10 foot over burden of dirt on the right of way for a year on the area where the lake was. Then it was paved. Road bed sank over a inch in the first 3 years. Engineer said should have waited another year. Gravel is a pain in the ass agreed. Water a lot and wait another year. Just my opinion.
HopsNBarley wrote:

Well, was the fill COMPACTED??? geesh...
G Henslee wrote:

If it was, I wouldn't be asking.
Glenn
Can you tell how much it has settled? Keep a diary of this, looking for cessation of settlement. Most simple plan is to be safe than sorry. Do it next year.

C & M

It settled only around 2 inches so far (since the crush stone) there could of been more settling before that, although I am not sure. I think I will wait another year.
Glenn