Concrete Delivery Question

If a concrete delivery truck loads up at the plant (where I assume the quantity in it can be measured by a scale or other means) and delivers product to more than one location before returning, what system, if any, is used to measure the amount delivered at each location?

My inquiring mind wants to know.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Are you talking about a wet delivery or dry delivery?

Reply to
Bob

we buy cement by the cubic yard in buffalo ny. if you are buying your cement ready mixed off the truck by the cubic yard, you already know the volume dimensions of your forms for your project. or this weight question may be a local question for your county weights and measures department. or google local for concrete suppliers near you will tell you how you get fresh concrete delivered in your climate, plus how much it costs to delay their trucks past the included pour time. know your temperature and humidity and weather forcast for this pouring and curing. and which mix. trucks return to the supplier for each fresh delivered load because it's hardening by the minute. "Concrete will probably be delivered to the site by a local ready-mix company in a truck-mounted mixer unit. When you call for concrete, the supplier will need to know when you want the concrete delivered, how much you need, and what type of mix you want. Concrete can only be held for two to three hours after mixing before it starts to harden."

type of mix example: we used a "six bag mix" in buffalo ny for our new sidewalks in the 1980's. your state may inspect your concrete plants since they buy lots of highways. here's an illinois pdf on concrete plant inspections:

buffalobill

Usually concrete is one customer per load. You might be able to get them to drop at 2 locations but it is one load. It is basically priced to be dropped at one place. You may end up paying extra if you dance the driver around or make him wait.

Reply to
gfretwell

Standard concrete trucks do not deliver to more than one customer per trip. You will not have a concrete truck deliver

3 yards to one job, then 3 yards to yours. If you order 3 yards, they will bring you a bit more than three yards, with no stops along the way, straight from the yard.

There are a couple of companies here that mix on site. These trucks do make stops along the way, but they have a metering system on the truck. When it says you have 3 yards, you have three yards.

Reply to
Robert Allison