Concrete Curb a Lawn

I recently had this decorative curbing put in my yard. A month later, the neighbors had a fence installed, and the installers cracked it in one place, plus put many chips in the cement.

This pattern was poured with a mold. The guy who poured it left the area. The fence company is trying to find someone to repair it.

Does anyone know if a split piece of concrete can be re-sealed properly, or does it need to be completely re-done?

Thanks.

Corinne

Reply to
Corinne

Depends on the specific situation.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Sounds like Kwik Kerb, an Australian innovation which sells exclusively by franchised installers.

The sales material we were sent locally (unsolicited) seemed really cheesy, although we vaguely knew the franchisees (who aren't the type to disappear). The product itself seemed nice, but I haven't seen it close up.

Concrete repair, per se, should be relatively simple, but even in the world of bog-standard grey driveways, it's hard to get an exact color match. That's probably your real problem. How big are the dings? Could you live with a repair that looks like a repair from less than ten feet away? I imagine taht people who like the super-neat Kwik Kerb look in the first place aren't the type who want a variegated garden edging.

Reply to
Dan Hartung

Thanks so much for the info. The nicks are not too bad, but the one area, as I mentioned is completely split in half. I am not too worried about the color discrepancy as I won't see it as much as my neighbors (I have arborvitaes on most of my side), and luckily, it is on the backyard side which is an empty field.

This curbing you referred me to is alot like it, but mine is just one solid piece of concrete, no little squares to make a pattern.

I just hope they can repair it, without taking the entire thing out and pouring a new mold.

Thanks.

Reply to
Corinne