Concrete countertops

Has anyone ever made these themselves and how did they turn out? I am in need of new vanity tops in the bathrooms and say lowes sells concrete mix specifically for countertops and it got me thinking.
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:29:17 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I've seen them done on TV for kitchens, never for bathrooms. Given the ease of ready made, the high probability of no problems, and that typical bathroom vanities aren't very expensive, doesn't seem like a great idea to me. Also, if resale value is a factor, I'd say they are probably a negative in bathrooms. Probably even in kitchens.

The answer to the first question is, of course, "yes"... :)
The second is all over the map...
Unless you've got a bunch of 'em to do and intend on doing it on down the line for fun or profit, imo it's not worth the hassle for a single one or two. By the time you get the materials and enough experience to do it well, you'll rue the time spent I'd wager unless you're just into stuff for the experience of it.
There was a pretty good article in Fine Homebuilding about ... well, let's see, I just saw the cover the other day ... rummage, rummage, ... ok there it is it was May, 2013.
While they can come out well, I'd give odds at well under 50% a first attempt will do so...
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:29:17 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

pecifically for countertops and it got me thinking.
I have a friend who did several kitchen and bathroom countertops out of con crete. They were special shapes and that's why he did them that way. For a simple bathroom countertop, I don't think if is worth the effort and you might have to do it over again unless you got it to turn out right the firs t time (50% probability).

The worst bit is grinding and finishing them off to a good standard. Unlessy ou can hire the proper gear. Even then, a very messy job.