Concrete Counters - integrated sink

I am making concrete counters for a bar. I am thinking of integrating a sink in the counter out the same concrete to have one continous surface. Anyone have any luck with this? I am wondering how it holds up with the water usage. Obviously, it would need to be sealed.
I was thinking of using a tuperware container as the mold for my sink (visible side) and then building a box for the underside out of melamine mdf. The other option I was considering was using pieces of the tube they sell to make posts with concrete. I am looking for a round sink around 12" or rectangular of 14x8 or somewhere around there.

I don't have a clue. Just got my new Lee Valley catalog though, and theyhave a book on concrete counter tops. May be worth checking out. You can find information at www.leevalley.com In the catalog in is in the "late additions" section.
I have the "famous" booke, but it shows a couple of pics and doesn't really give details on integrated sinks. I am going to give it a try. Will post results. I think the look of one continous surface of one material is attractive. Practical-- I don't k now.

On 2 Oct 2004 15:59:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (MC) wrote:

I've formed fountains from concrete in a similar manner, and it works just fine. You might have better luck with an undermount sink, there are many that fit your size range available. Common in granite/stone countertops, it would have a finished concrete edge and a copper/steel/ceramic/whatever bowl.
Jeff
A stainless steel undermount was my other option. I think having the whole counter including the sink in concrete though would look good.
Since this is a bar sink and won't have pots and pans banging it and water contantly running, I am thinking it will probably hold up okay.