Concrete bench

I saw a bench where the legs were concrete. Does anyone know where I can find instructions for making forms for such a bench.
rec.home.repair is the best newsgroup on USENET.
Dick -- Richard D. Adams, CPA (Retired) Moderator: misc.taxes.moderated and misc.legal.moderated
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote in

Disagree, misc.taxes.moderated is, despite your disallowing my posts recently <grin>. How much of which mead is it going to cost me to get my questions posted next time <another grin>?

--
Best regards
Han
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 19:01:16 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

My first question would be why but if you are determined, You could either make forms with 1x lumber or use Sonotubes. Embed all thread in the concrete to fasten the top on with. Bend a hook in it or just use some nuts and washers so it won't pull out.
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 19:01:16 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote:

Don tucker has a blog and forum where several concrete workers hang out and he contributes from time to time. This is one of his concrete benches; http://www.makersgallery.com/concrete/gg-tucker.html
He's got some even more impressive ones but this was the first one I hit on Google.
Find his forum & read up on all the different ways you can make forms or freehand concrete. the sky is the limit.
Jim
Dick Adams wrote the following:

I found this set of plans by googling - concrete bench end plans http://www.renovation-headquarters.com/benches-garden.htm Feel free to continue the google search for more.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'd put this in the 'life is too short' category, unless I just wanted a special style or the feeling of accomplishment. Local concrete products place will have the precast stuff in stock, stronger than you can make with home-made forms, and with a smoother finish.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote the following:

Yep, I found those in my search, but he asked for instructions on how to make the forms. If he had added "...or where to buy them", I would have provided a search link for those too. You should have responded to him rather than me.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY