Computers on the way out

Page 2 of 5
notbob wrote:

First panel: Dilbert tells his dog he invented an internet RING!
Second panel: Dog: "That's insane" Dilbert: "Quiet, I'm surfing"
Third panel: Dilbert: "I think I saw an 'e'!"

zactily! lol....
On 6/28/2011 5:35 PM, Dbdblocker wrote:

The Cloud does not equal mobile computing. You REALLY don't know anything about this subject, do you?
On 6/29/2011 10:07 AM, Hell Toupee wrote:

Unfortunately all of the marketing about "the cloud" has created the perception that giving all your information to someone else to store on their system out of your control aka "the cloud" is the way and the light...
On 6/28/2011 10:08 AM, Dbdblocker wrote:

Yeah, and they said that small digital cameras would be gone because all cell phones have them....never happened.
Also, wrist watches are supposed to go away because cell phones have a clock....never happened.
I just can't see myself running CorelDraw or PhotoShop on my smartphone.
Don
On 6/28/2011 11:14 AM, IGot2P wrote:

LOL! and i can't even see my self having a cell phone. Much less a smart one.
--
Steve Barker

Like Gene Simmons, I refuse to have ANYTHING around that's smarter than ............... ME!
Steve ;-)
Heart surgery pending? www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com Heart Surgery Survival Guide
On 6/28/2011 5:58 PM, Steve B wrote:

Na, i just don't need one. Bad enough having a land line. Ever notice that every time a phone rings, someone WANTS something?
--
Steve Barker

97.5% of my incoming calls are from SWMBO. I could very easily do without a cell phone, and I am constantly being reminded of putting it in my pocket. I don't mind for the important stuff, but when it is to just .......... what you doing? how's it going? stuff, sorry, I'm busy. Go to voicemail.
I see people with sad sorry lives walking up and down the aisles at the market blabbing every detail of their sad sorry lives LOUDLY over the phone. Hell, just hook them up the PA system.
Sheesh.
Steve
On 6/29/2011 8:09 AM, Steve B wrote:

That syndrome is pandemic at my office. First gap in conversation, they are all whipping out their electronic mistresses, and closed off to outside input. Reminds me of that ST TNG episode about the addictive game.
--
aem sends....

Or, a ring tone goes off, and everyone looks like a Western gunfighter. Ready to slap leather. But only one gets satisfied. Groans from the others.
Steve
On 6/29/2011 7:09 AM, Steve B wrote:

I used to think a lot of people were crazy and talking to themselves or having a conversation with an imaginary friend but it turned out to be a Bluetooth cellphone headset hidden by their hair. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:47:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Doesn't mean you were wrong about them being crazy. One of my guys at work had one when they first came out. He would walk and talk. Sometimes he was walking toward me. With his lips moving, looking at me, but I could barely hear him. I'd say "What?" I never got used to it. He learned to turn around and walk the other way when he saw me.
--Vic
On 6/29/2011 9:32 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

I would see a Black woman using one of those things and they are often very cross with the person on the other end. I didn't know they had a Bluetooth headset and thought they were practicing to chew on somebody's butt when they got home. :-)
TDD

And then they look at you like you have interrupted them during climax when you speak to them.
"You tawkin' to ME?"
Steve
On 6/29/2011 10:45 PM, Steve B wrote:

You have to admit that the changes in technology, which we all take for granted and consider normal, that modify human behavior would seem alien and bizarre to our younger selves much less than those belonging to our parents generation. Both my late parents were WWII Army veterans and a gadget as simple as a cellphone seen by them in the 1940's would be an item belonging to outer space aliens. Imagine what people of that era would think of a Bluetooth headset. :-)
TDD
On 6/28/2011 11:08 AM, Dbdblocker wrote:

What is an "always on Internet browser"?
Cellphone providers are becoming Drug Pushers. They get you hooked on Smartphones, then they start raising Data use pricing.

I wish someone would bring back the old time phonebooth;the REAL old ones where you could sit down,close the door,and talk without others able to listen in. then we would not have to hear THEM yammer,and they would not be walking around not looking where they're going.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Better yet, I wish it were legal to take 'em out with a small blowpipe firing darts dipped in a powerful, yet harmless, sleeping potion.
"Well, I was jes talking to SueEllen and she said yakyakyak..... erk!! <snore>" ;)
nb