computer cart

IVE PURCHASED A MAINSTAY COMPUTER CART FROM WAL-MART. ITS LOOKS EASY ENOUGH TO PUT TOGETHER BUT IM FINDING THE SCREWS DO NOT FIT THE HOLES AS THEY ARE TOO SMALL. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS? WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST? NOT SURE IF ITS SOMETHING OF BLOND STUPIDITY; WHICH I DOUBT OR I AM CORRECT. IF I AM ,THIS IS ANNOYING. TY FOR YOUR HELP TIIME AND PATIENCE
-------------------------------------
kattonfire wrote:

Check the instructions (for these things, it's usually easier to understand the pictures than the words). There may be another part those screws go into.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 23:18:12 +0000, kattonfire_at_aol_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (kattonfire) wrote Re computer cart:

What is too small: the screws or the holes?

Learn how to properly post on UseNet. http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Etiquette /

*the screws may be correct for the holes as given in the directions. it sounds as though it is a cheap plastic cart and the tight fit is needed to keep it all together. if you can't screw them by hand, use a power driver or drill with the appropriate screwdriver bit.
PS: No need to shout here. We can all hear just fine.
On 1/28/2011 5:18 PM, kattonfire wrote:

As others have so graciously pointed out, it is considered improper to write a message only in capital letters. Hopefully you will keep this in mind next time.
I've put many of these items together over the years and have always had to sit back for a while to sort out what goes where. Usually the directions are good enough but could use a bit more explanation. Especially in describing the fasteners. Kind of like your message. A little better description would help.
Are there a number of different sized screws? Perhaps you used the the wrong screws in another part of the assembly. If all the screws are the same size and are too small then you have two choices.
1: Go to a store like Home Depot with s sample of the screws that came with the unit and a few pieces that are suposed to be put together with those screws. With a little luck you will find someone with a better disposition than the gentlemen around here. Those stores have a big selection of fasteners and you will probably find someting that will work.
2: Return the Computer cart to Wall Mart
LdB

First thing is to turn off you caps.
Then look for the nuts that came in the package.
Steve
On Jan 28, 6:18pm, kattonfire_at_aol_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (kattonfire) wrote:

Sounds like your problem was buying a cheaply made flat packed "you assemble yourself" Chinese made chipboard furniture...
Go to a real office store and buy something a bit more beefy and you will find it's parts will fit together better...
~~ Evan