Compressor question

I have a Husky upright, not the great big one, but the one about chest high. Two cyl compressor. I bled the tank today, and got water and a white milky oily fluid. Checked the dipstick, and it is low. I'll get some Husky oil today and fill. Do you think I damaged the compressor? Is the white oil in the tank normal?

TIA

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Steve B wrote the following:

White milky fluid is a sign of water and oil mixing. Perhaps the piston rings are worn.

-

Bill In Hamptonburgh, NY In the original Orange County. Est. 1683 To email, remove the double zeroes after @

Reply to
willshak

Ayup, most likely problem.

And to answer the other questions specifically,

No, it isn't normal, and It's already got cylinder/ring wear or another leak path to let oil from the crankcase to the high pressure side and into the tank.

Could also be a gasket failure or other mechanical problem besides rings but they're probably highest likelihood.

--

Reply to
dpb

Sounds line oil blow-by to me. Chances are, the compressor will be about shot tomorrow, or in another dozen years or so. I've know of compressors that did that for many years and still worked just fine. Just use care or get a line filter for paint spraying.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oil is at full on dipstick.

Steve