Compressor oil

One place I work, has a huge compressor. Three phase, from what I can tell. Crankcase, and sight glass. I don't see an oil level in the crankcase. The fill plug (big knurled thing) didn't want to come out. I'll put a Channelocks on it tomorrow, if I have time. Shine my minimag into the crankcase, and see if I see any oil in there. Light up the sight glass window from inside.
So, don't those beasts typically take ND-30 motor oil? Yeah, they probably make something specific for crankcases, and sell it in 4 ounce bottles so they can charge more.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I got compressor oil in a gallon jug.
Try a compressor shop.
Reminds me of the joke about Prince Albert in a Can. Yes, a compressor shop is the correct source, from the horse of course.
The use, here, isn't likely to need a galon.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You can buy it at Walmart if you know what to look for: "SA" rated 30wt motor oil (the cheap non-detergent stuff.) You have to look for it cuz there will be just one brand, and it's not conspicuously cheaper)
Bob

Yep
HFT sells it in Quarts..wait til they re on sale or try to find ND 30W at Auto supply

Check out www.Grainger.com for oils by the gallon of 5 gallon pail. There is also a synthetic oil that will cost about $50 a gallon.