COMPRESSOR FAN WIRING QUESTION HELP!!!

OLD compressor fan motor had just three wires, black+brown+yellow

NEW compressor fan motor has more...black+brown+white

Hooked it up like the guy said at the HVAC place, but he never told me about the brown/white wire.

I figured out the cw/ccw wires, have them connected for ccw rotation in accordance with diagram on the motor.

The fan won't run, suspect the brown/white wire needs to be hooked up

HELP.

This sucks as its 102.

Reply to
Paul

Hi,

The brown and white are probably off of the capacitor. Look at the schematic and see where it ties in. Scan it and send the schematic to me and I will tell you exactly where each wire goes Hon.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

out. Cost me about $55 for the motor and the capacitor. Still don't know about that brown/white wire though

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

The replacement part is a fasco industries motor, permanent split capacitor H/P 1/8, .9 amps, 825 RPM 208/230 V Model # D799. Hope this helps. Wires out the yin yang.

CBVAC dude, you seem in the know, I caught this pretty quick I hope before any serious damage to the compressor. It DID cut out three times, during my troubleshooting trying to get the underrated motor to work, until it just couldn't take it I guess (the cheesy garbage fan motor). If my compressor was damaged because of the lack of a fan out there removing heat, what king of indication or performance change can I expect? Would it just not cool my house down fast enough? Or maintain it at a reasonable temperature? Its a 1991 model supposed high efficiency unit. I am just trying to plan for possible R2 down the road. I am just afraid of what has gone on here in the last few days if all the BS I went through was worth it.

Otherwise, the house IS cooling down, albeit slowly, it was 109 degrees today!!!

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

this is Turtle.

The Brown and the Brown with white stripped wire are to go to the capasitor by theirself. One on each side of the capasitor only.

Then you have 2 wires left to hook up. the two wires left are to go to each side of the contactors and on the side that the compressor runs off of.

The green wire coming off it goes to the frame of the condenser unit anywhere you can tie it to.

Now if this does not ring bells and you see what to do. Please call a hvac service company / tech to just come wire it up for you. He will come in and just wire it collect a service call and everybody is happy. we hvac companys will come in to just put wire where they go for the service call only.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Hi Paul, hope you are having a nice day

On 14-Jul-03 At About 19:37:56, Paul wrote to All Subject: COMPRESSOR FAN WIRING QUESTION HELP!!!

P> From: "Paul"

P> OLD compressor fan motor had just three wires, black+brown+yellow

P> NEW compressor fan motor has more...black+brown+white

P> Hooked it up like the guy said at the HVAC place, but he never told P> me about the brown/white wire.

P> I figured out the cw/ccw wires, have them connected for ccw rotation P> in accordance with diagram on the motor.

P> The fan won't run, suspect the brown/white wire needs to be hooked up

P> HELP.

P> This sucks as its 102.

You really need to call someone local for help. If you hooked it up correctly it should run.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

Hi CLSSM00X7, hope you are having a nice day

On 14-Jul-03 At About 19:42:47, CLSSM00X7 wrote to All Subject: Re: COMPRESSOR FAN WIRING QUESTION HELP!!!

C> From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (CLSSM00X7)

C> Hi,

C> The brown and white are probably off of the capacitor. Look at the C> schematic and see where it ties in. Scan it and send the schematic to C> me and I will tell you exactly where each wire goes Hon.

C> candice

Well candice you really should keep out of these questions as you don't know what you are doing. I can tell you without seeing the diagram that if he hooked it up correctly it should run.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2