compression 11hp b&s

wondering what the compression on a 11hp b&s is suppose to be? It is a john deere riding mower but doesn't have much power when you run the mower.

thanks

Reply to
whitt

I'm not sure about the bigger ones but on the small engines (3-5 HP) they don't give a specific compression--if the compression is enough to blow your thumb out of the spark plug hole then it's enough to run the engine. Pretty sophicated huh?

Reply to
Ulysses
60-80lbs one will run. 100-125 is very good.
Reply to
ds549

In general you can figure a compression ratio of from 7 to 9 for a gasoline engine which is roughly 100 - 135 psi. For small engines the lower end is more typical. As someone else I think noted, they'll run down to about 60-80 psi, obviously losing power as there's lower compression.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth