Composition decking material

Does anyone have any comments, either pro or con, on the use of composition decking material? Right now, we have the usual pressure-treated lumber, which requires a lot of maintenance. Also, we live surrounded by large trees, which help to blacken the surface; this is hard to remove and conventional cleaning/sealing products don't seem to give a satisfactory long-lasting result.
I know nobody who has the composition type so would appreciate any comments.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
limey wrote:

The composition stuff is great, but there are a few considerations. The stuff will stain if it is under trees. Getting a darker color, something that is near the color of the stains will help conceal the trees "handiwork".