comparing GE air conditioners, part number not found

Air conditioners I cannot find on the Internet anywhere, not even at General Electric's web site.

GE 8000 BTU AGW08FD GE 8000 BTU ASW08FC (apparently newer)

GE 6000 BTU AGW06LC

I cannot even find "AGW" or "ASW".

Also helpful would be an explanation for their part number coding. That way, at least I could tell something about the units and how they might compare to similar units. Apparently the number represents BTU rating.

Thank-you.

Reply to
John Doe

Often the letters indicate the front panel type but the insides are the same. Where did you see them? Large stores have enough buying power to get models made just for them so you can't do comparison shopping and price matching. The AG and AS can be something as simple as gold or silver trim/knobs.

I used to visit the Frigidaire AC assembly plant in New Jersey. The same unit would dome down the line but a different front panel made it a Gibson, Philco, etc. Same compressor, coils, etc.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

that's what I though

the local (not online) WalMart