Compare energy prices, please

Saturday Jan 17, 2015

A couple years ago, a man with a clip board came down my street, asking people to sign up for Energetix power supply company. Said they were cheaper than the local utility company. I signed up, and was pleased for the saving.

A year or two later, I compared prices and find they are (now) noticably higher. I called a couple other companies. Find out that with Noco, I could have paid about $103 less, on my last month's bill. So, I switched.

If you live in area where there are different energy providers, it may be a big savings to compare, and change providers.

They can't switch over till the next meter read (and maybe not then), so it's 9 F bone numbing cold today and I'm still paying the higher rate.

Makes me wonder what else, I'm paying too much?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

your phone bill? They offer you a deal that is good for one year, and each year you have to call them and tell them you can't afford the new price, you will have to start shopping around, etc. and then they give you a new deal good for a year. You have to put all this stuff on your calendar.

property taxes? Check and see if there are any components that you may be exempt from as a senior citizen or something. Some parcel taxes work this way (they buy the votes of the senior citizens to put it over the top - representation without taxation!)

Reply to
Pico Rico

The energy providers here in CT can be found on a web site so you can do the comparisons. You do have to be careful and watch out for yourself. Some of the rates are 90 days, others 1 year fixed. The reputable companies will go up a little bit after the contract expires, but some of the sleazy ones that offer a low teaser will triple or more after 90 days. Reputable companies have no cancellation fees.

I only bother looking at the plans from Con Ed, Dominion, etc and skip the teasers from Bob's Really Good Electric.

In CT go to

Ed Pawlowski

I'm lucky to be served by AEP. Great prices and service! Fuck those sleazy middlemen.

Reply to
Jed

I asked about my cell phone bill. Turns out I was on unlimited text messages. I send about ten a month. Went to 400 per month, and saved about $13 a month off the phone bill.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And my commission is what percent again? I guess I should have gotten it in writing.

Reply to
Pico Rico

That must be an unusual cell phone plan. Most of them are unlimited voice and text now, even Verizon is down to $45 for unlimited V, T, and I think 500MB of data on their prepaid plans. Other major carriers have similar, with 1GB of data for $35 to $45. And if you have limited usage, there are plans for $7 to $25 that can give you a reasonable amount of V,T, D.

Reply to
trader_4

Did the cell phone bill last year, so that only applies in the world of government, or accountants.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I should check on that. I'm on Verizon, maybe I can save some money on my VD?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like with your usage patterns you need their STD plan.

Reply to
Pthirus Pubis

I'll have to go to my local Verizon store, and ask about getting STD through them.

Wonder if they have suitable usage, minutes, and calling penis for me?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon