Companies that Stand Behind Their Products

Page 1 of 2
Over the years, I've had good and bad experiences with large companies. I imagine that's true for most people.
If I pay money for a product, I expect it to be as advertised. If it's not, I expect the company to make it right.
Now I know that Browning will make it right.
--
Visualize "Whirled Peas"

On 02/15/2016 04:02 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

With Browning I'd say it's better to stand /behind/ the product, than in front of it.
On 2/15/2016 4:07 PM, philo wrote:

That's good point <g> But it was just a rifle case.
On 02/15/2016 04:09 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Oh, a rifle case?
My remark was made just in case.
On 2/15/2016 4:22 PM, philo wrote:

Yeah, a rifle case.
On 2/15/2016 5:22 PM, philo wrote:

I can't stand it when you have it covered top and bottom like that. But, you made your case. Now, zip it!
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Let's not make a case of this; in case Browning changes their case history.
--
Tekkie

On 2/15/2016 3:02 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Nowadays, that may be wishful thinking.
Or, more effort than it is worth.
Unfortunately (for the companies), folks are usually far more willing to rant about a BAD experience than PRAISE a great experience (both publicly and in private correspondence with said company).
We try to strike a balance. We aggressively speak out against BAD experiences -- as well as in favor of GOOD experiences!
For groups that we have longstanding/ongoing relationships (e.g., doctors), I regularly bring in "treats" to thank them and their staff for their professionalism, quality of service, etc. Granted, they're "just doing their job(s)" -- but some folks just BARELY do their jobs while others actually try to do theirs *well*.
I'll be doing some volunteer work tomorrow at an agency that receives floor space from a local business (no doubt a write-off). Many of the folks who work *for* the hosting business have gone out of their way to hold a door open for me when my arms are full, they are often friendly and courteous, etc. Clearly, this is not really part of their job description (e.g., to get UP from their desk, walk across the room and open the door in anticipation of my needing it opened).
So, I'll make a batch (18 dozen) of pecan sandies for them to share as a sign of my appreciation. Not something I *have* to do. And, it won't be anything that they'll *expect*.
[I imagine they'd enjoy brownies much more but brownies turn to rocks in just two days! I'd be disappointed if someone was "off" on the day I deliver them and missed out as a result!]
I've been compiling a list of observations regarding our new vehicle and the service provided by the dealership -- good and bad in each case. Again, not anything that I *must* do or am expected to do but my way of giving feedback about this significant purchase/event.
On 2/15/2016 7:10 PM, Don Y wrote:

<snipped for brevity>
I have always done the same. I feel that if one receives exceptional service, a compliment is due. It doesn't take much at all, but seems to be something many people find unexpected.
I order my coffee from an online company some ways up the road from me. If you order before 8am, the coffee is roasted and shipped out that day. I once sent them an email complimenting their service and they seemed quite surprised that someone would take the time to do that.
On 2/16/2016 6:28 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

I guess my cynicism shows in that I expect very little, nowadays. So, when someone does a merely *adequate* job, it's as if it was "exceptional".
It's sad to have to explicitly "reward" what should be NORMAL service. But, I figure their employer probably isn't noticing ($$) so I can at least do my little bit to acknowledge their efforts.
Note that it doesn't even have to be some specific act. Often, simply being "understanding" about the situation THEY are in goes a long way.
I was at a local department store and questioned a price on an item ("Isn't this supposed to be on sale?"). Over the next 10-15 minutes, no less than 5 people were involved in trying to sort out the weekly print ad, store website and prices marked on the floor.
They actually THANKED me for being good natured about it! It was obvious that SOMETHING was screwed up (in "the system") and, rather than falling into the role of "irate customer", I patiently waited as they tried to sort out how to get me what it seemed I was due.
I'd imagine that they have enough of the "irate customer" experiences and welcomed the fact that this wasn't one of them!

On 2/17/2016 3:10 AM, Don Y wrote:

Much the same, here. I make a point to say thank you for various things. I did call back to thank AAA for towing me home. Now days, when I provide service, few people say thanks for what I do.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 2/17/2016 7:26 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

We usually make a point of talking to a manager, whether it be in a restaurant or hardware store and let them know the name of the person who waited on us did a GREAT job for us.
--
Maggie

On 2/15/2016 5:02 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Never a problem with my Browning products so have never dealt with them Did have problem with Ruger and they were excellent. Taurus makes a good product but I had a bad dealing with them.
On 2/16/2016 8:00 AM, Frank wrote:

I have 2 Browning rifles and this is the first time I'd ever spoken to them. I wanted this particular case because it's a good sturdy case and one of the few I'd found that would actually fit the rifle, which is fairly long.
I think they did a fine job solving the problem I had with the Browning case I purchased that was not as long as advertised. I appreciate knowing that a company will stand behind it's products.
On 2/16/2016 10:02 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

Important to me too and I like to hear these things. There are quite a few companies that I will never deal with again because of their poor service.
I like to hunt and shoot too and have had dealings with companies over firearms, archery and accessories. Of all, only Taurus was a problem to deal with.
On 2/17/2016 1:15 PM, Frank wrote:

I'm always interested to hear of the experiences others had, good or bad. Like you said, it's nice to know which perform well and which don't.
On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:02:14 -0600, SeaNymph

PricePhfister has been replacing for free the parts as they wear out on my kitchen sink faucet for the past 20 years. I call them, tell them it has a lifetime warranty and they ship me new parts.

I want to mention a company that does *NOT* stand behind their products, and that is Sioux steel company. This probably wont affect many of you, because they make farm gates and other steel farm supplies. Anyhow, they advertise a "Lifetime Warranty" on their products, but are not clear about the details. About 4 years ago, I bought several of their gates. These were their lower priced model, which is generally fine for small animals and horses. (Cattle need heavier duty gates). I got them for INDOOR use, on stalls for horses, ponies or goats. They cost around $80 each. Within 2 years they were falling apart, after 3 years, one of them literally completely fell into pieces, and the horse even walked out of his stall, because the gate was in at least 5 pieces, and the hinge portion just rusted off.
I contacted the company and was told the gates I bought were their economy gates, and those did not have the lifetime warranty. I told the guy that I understand the warranty may not be "lifetime", but these gates are totally falling apart after only 2 to 3 years, and went on to tell him I have bought other brands of used gates at auctions, which were at least 10 years old when I bought them, and have used them for at least 10 more years. I also told him that even those 20 year old gates might be rusty on the bottom rail, but I have never had any other brand of gate literally fall apart, except theirs. I also told him they were used indoors, which should make them last longer.
THe guy told me there is no warranty at all on the gates I bought and they could not do anything. After I clearly told him that if that's the kind of junk they sell, and have such poor customer service, he told me to buy their top of the line (expensive) gates and hung up on me.
I then went to the farm supply store where I bought them, only to find out they stoppd selling that Sioux gates because too many people were having problems with them. I pushed this issue a little further and said "dont you stand behind the products you sell". He said they do, but they could not get Sioux to assist with problems, and that is why they no longer sell that brand of gates.
In total, I bought 4 of their gates, which cost me $320. They should have lasted at least 10 years. Four years later, only one of them is still in use. The bottom rail has fallen off and the center support is gone, and I welded it in a few spots (and found the metal is like tinfoil in thickness). But its still working for a stall that only is a place to store some hay bales. But I doubt it will last another year.
This is the worst gate I have ever used, their customer service is about the worst I have ever gotten, and if I was to rate them, on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being excellent), I would give them a MINUS 10 in all categories.
I will never buy another product made by that company.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

You get what you pay for. You wanted economy not warranty gates and that's what you got. What's the problem? Just replace them. The critters banging against them when you declare 'love time'?
--
Tekkie

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 5:58:41 PM UTC-5, >>>Ashton Crusher wrote:

Kohler has been doing the same for me for years. For some reason, my kitchen faucet loses "flow" every few years. I call Kohler when it starts to slow and they send me a new head. I'm getting ready to call for my 4th head. Other than this inconvenience, we like the features and I don't feel like dropping $250+ to replace it. As long as they keep sending me free heads, I'll live with it.