Comments on led wifi light bulb needed from Stormin'

http://lifx.co/
On 10/19/2014 3:10 PM, Frank wrote:

Further explanation needed from Frank, because Stormin never clicks free floating links.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/19/2014 5:36 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Saw one of these bulbs for sale in today's paper's Best Buy circular but could not find it on line. URL shows these LED bulbs with wifi control so you can change the light on your cell phone. Price about $80.
On 10/19/2014 6:56 PM, Frank wrote:

Sounds too complicated.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/19/2014 7:34 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Plus it might spy on you for the government.
On 10/19/2014 7:57 PM, Frank wrote:

Anything that does too many things, often breaks.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

tried to push it down to drop some bulk mail, and the seat sprung back up and nearly broke -

Wee bit of vomit, after a few too many drinks? Or, early Ebola symptoms?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, October 19, 2014 6:56:41 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

I think this was on Shark Tank last year, if it's the same guys. Couple of college kids had the bulb and were looking for funding. As I recall the Shark Tank investors wouldn't put money in it because the two guys insisted on actually having their own company build the bulbs. The ST folks were trying to convince them that was nuts and they should just license it to one of the big bulb companies or similar. I thought the ST guys were spot on about that. And also that at $90 (the price back then), it would have to be for some very special applications, I don't see the general public buying them.

I, myself, get that way some times.