Combi Boiler Problem

hello, just wondering if any of you guys could help me before I consider calling the plumber. Basically, when the hot water is turned on and the boiler activated, it starts to shudder, firstly fairly quietly, but becoming louder and louder. After about 5 to 10 seconds it reaching a climax, then stops. If the water is kept running the shuddering starts again after a couple of minutes. I guessing this maybe something to do with the pressure? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
jon101.taylor

If you don't get any relevant help here, try this group: UK.D-I-Y

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

(snipped)

I think that I know her. :-)

Reply to
IGot2P

Hold the mouse real near the unit, and try to get it to make the noise.

Seriously, we'd probably have to be there and hear it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Naah, that's the HVAC mechanic who likes to turn on the vacuum pump before all the solder joints are done. He's got premature evacuation. And while the pump is running, the poor guy trying to silver solder the joint with a vacuum. Meanwhile the other guy outside is sucking massive solder balls. I'll quit while I'm getting ahead.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon