Colortime paint turning into cheeze

The actual writing makes it seem like he added the paint thinner AFTER discovering that the paint was "cheezy". But it really doesn't matter. Since we already know the guy is "challenged" (to be polite about it), the original "cheezy" was most likely his fault for some other reason. He probably left unfinished cans opened between uses because the dog voices in his head told him paint loves fresh air as much as people do.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Although the English types have destroyed their written language by removing "Z" (I think they spell Zoo with an "S" now)..adding this letter to an otherwise normal word will get you negative points. JK :)

Reply to
Bob Villa

If you read the cans instructions you would have added water, instead you ruined it. Its latex , its water base.

Reply to
ransley

Thanks Joe Frank and Steve Barker, Its Colorplace brand. Well, I had two helpers doing the work. I believe that they did not seal the cans tightly enough. Instead of getting you are the only guys here who provided some meaningful suggestions. The rest just bust my ass because I was not attentive. I was using the accetone last year to thin some other paint.

Reply to
Deodiaus

Not attentive? Only a MORON adds oil-based solvents to latex paint. PLONK!

There is nothing wrong with the paint...All paint will look like cottage cheese if left open in 100 degree heat..Adding water won't help either and paint thinner and acetone is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.That is why they sell those little buckets so you can pour out just what you need and the can stays covered...You really are a moron or a troll....Good God I hope you aren't doing this to somebody else's home for pay....

Reply to
benick

Sounds like he is...that's why most of us have PLONKED him...

Thanks Joe Frank and Steve Barker, Its Colorplace brand. Well, I had two helpers doing the work. I believe that they did not seal the cans tightly enough. Instead of getting you are the only guys here who provided some meaningful suggestions. The rest just bust my ass because I was not attentive. I was using the accetone last year to thin some other paint.

=============

You're the same twit who's trying to avoid spending the correct amount of money for a refrigerator gasket. You should stay away from sharp instruments and power tools.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You are obviously a complete idiot. The only tool you should be allowed to use is a pencil. Go get one now, and sharpen it well. Ok, now that you got the pencil, take the sharp end and shove it up the hole in the end of your c*ck. Be sure to push it all the way in until you can not see the erasor.

Ok, now that you got wood and lead in your c*ck, you are well on your way to reproducing yourself (if you can find a woman stupid enough for you). With any luck, your offspring will be born without hands, so they can not touch tools.

And into the trash can you go, TROLL !!!!

Reply to
yuppie99

Over many years and tons of paint my experiance is quality latex will only thicken when exposed to heat, water restores it. What the OP did ruins it.

Reply to
ransley

On 8/16/2010 8:03 AM Judi Haffner spake thus:

They[1] make stuff you can put into a can of paint to harden it into a gigantic solid lump. I've seen it at Home Despot.

[1] You know, the ones who put lights in refrigerators that go out when you close the door, etc., etc.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 8/18/2010 4:24 PM Deodiaus spake thus:

That's probably another mistake on your part. The only thing you should be adding acetone to would be lacquer, not any paints I know of that aren't lacquer-based. Just use ordinary paint thinner for all oil-based paints, and water for latex (as you now know).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Kitty litter or old newspapers work fine. Or just leave the can open for a week in warm weather.

Reply to
aemeijers

Boy, I've heard some dozies before.

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are ya? Mixing a solvent with latex, a water based paint. WTF.?

Reply to
Paddy Waggin

Be gentle. He's a webtv user. Who the f*ck still uses webtv???

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It still qualifies as unsurpassed. "That was a duesie of a story the kid told"!

Reply to
Bob Villa

It still qualifies as unsurpassed. "That was a duesie of a story the kid told"!

===========

Right. But look at who the webtv twit addressed his remarks to.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not necessarily:

doo·zy or doo·zie (dz) n. pl. doo·zies Slang Something extraordinary or bizarre: "Among the delicious names taken by, or given to, minor political parties in the United States . . . are these doozies: Quids, Locofocos, Barnburners, Coodies, Hunkies, Bucktails" (Saturday Review).

Further googling reveals:

"Certainly the vehicles were known as Duesies in the 1920s and

1930s. But --as you have discovered-- by the time Fred and August Duesenberg manufactured their first car in 1920, the noun doozy was already well established."

At worst, it appears the poster is guilty only of poor spelling, and maybe choosing webtv. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

If someone wanted to produce a reality show that would actually be worthwhile, it would be easy. Load 100 homes with cameras in every room so we could see WTF parents were doing while their kids were butchering their writing assignments (while watching TV). I'd guess the majority would be ignoring their kids.

How hard is it to help kids learn? Answer: Not hard at all. Tedious, maybe, but not hard.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

At this point, though, the parents can't write, either.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton