Colortime paint turning into cheeze

At this point, though, the parents can't write, either.
Cindy Hamilton
Add pictures here
โœ–

At this point, though, the parents can't write, either.
Cindy Hamilton ====== Agreed. Want to see something terrifying (and nauseating)? Read a dozen of the messages here: http://rochester.craigslist.org/rnr /
Not sure if we're seeing both the chicken and the egg in those messages. Probably some of both.
Add pictures here
โœ–
This is the twit that has a WEBTV.
Thanks for all the flames, guys. I will admit I had them coming. Can you imagine using a WTV? OMG. But wait, it's free, never freezes up, has firewall protection, never can get a virus, has most of the benefits of an older `puter, and on and on...
I'm only 78, but I bet I've forgotten more shit than you guys will ever know....
Yes it is sad that I'm on WTV. And I can see that I can get slammed pretty good in the ng's, still.... FYI, I meant no harm to the O.P. Maybe a bad choice of words on my part... :-( But, give me a break... I've only been on the net for 15 years. And you? Loose, Lost, Lose... heh heh.
BTW... what is cheeze?
Paddy... rock on doods. ;-)
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Aug 20, 7:53 am, LQQK_N0 snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Paddy Waggin) wrote:

Dude (can't call you old, 65 here) if you can't get a virus why does it need a firewall?
Add pictures here
โœ–

And yet you can't figure out the message hierarchy and respond to the correct person.
Add pictures here
โœ–

.
Well, it's garbage now. You could act ignorant (which may not be so hard) and take it back to walmart. "I dunno what happened to it???"
Add pictures here
โœ–
jamesgangnc wrote:

Hey waitaminute, remember Thomas Huxley's admonition:
"There is no right way to do the wrong thing".
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Deodiaus wrote:

At that price, it was pretty cheezy to start with :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 8/16/2010 10:56 AM, Deodiaus wrote:

Latex paint is an emulsion. Adding something like acetone may only help to break it and it will not be recoverable. About the only thing you can do is add water and stir it.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Deodiaus wrote:

Most people would just stir it, not ruin it with inappropriate solvents.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 8/16/2010 8:54 AM, Deodiaus wrote:

and when you go back to walmart to get more cause you ruined what you had, get the KILZ brand paint. The colortime is junk.
--
Steve Barker
โœ–

Obviously this is latex paint. And obviously, there is something very wrong with the batch you bought. If Walmart won't make good on it, dispose of it per the common sense ways suggested above. While distilled water is the best diluent for latex paints, many professional painters use Floetrol (Google it) especially for cut in. Floetrol works well to mitigate some spray painting problems, like texture differences in overlapping application.
Joe
Add pictures here
โœ–

??? No, there was nothing wrong with it. The OP added paint thinner (for oil base paint only) and then acetone (paint remover) to latex paint. It was user error that caused the problem. Why should WalMart have to make good on it?
Add pictures here
โœ–

The actual writing makes it seem like he added the paint thinner AFTER discovering that the paint was "cheezy". But it really doesn't matter. Since we already know the guy is "challenged" (to be polite about it), the original "cheezy" was most likely his fault for some other reason. He probably left unfinished cans opened between uses because the dog voices in his head told him paint loves fresh air as much as people do.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Its Colorplace brand. Well, I had two helpers doing the work. I believe that they did not seal the cans tightly enough. Instead of getting you are the only guys here who provided some meaningful suggestions. The rest just bust my ass because I was not attentive. I was using the accetone last year to thin some other paint.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Not attentive? Only a MORON adds oil-based solvents to latex paint. PLONK!
Add pictures here
โœ–

Its Colorplace brand. Well, I had two helpers doing the work. I believe that they did not seal the cans tightly enough. Instead of getting you are the only guys here who provided some meaningful suggestions. The rest just bust my ass because I was not attentive. I was using the accetone last year to thin some other paint.
============ You're the same twit who's trying to avoid spending the correct amount of money for a refrigerator gasket. You should stay away from sharp instruments and power tools.
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:24:26 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus

You are obviously a complete idiot. The only tool you should be allowed to use is a pencil. Go get one now, and sharpen it well. Ok, now that you got the pencil, take the sharp end and shove it up the hole in the end of your cock. Be sure to push it all the way in until you can not see the erasor.
Ok, now that you got wood and lead in your cock, you are well on your way to reproducing yourself (if you can find a woman stupid enough for you). With any luck, your offspring will be born without hands, so they can not touch tools.
And into the trash can you go, TROLL !!!!
Add pictures here
โœ–
On 8/18/2010 4:24 PM Deodiaus spake thus:

That's probably another mistake on your part. The only thing you should be adding acetone to would be lacquer, not any paints I know of that aren't lacquer-based. Just use ordinary paint thinner for all oil-based paints, and water for latex (as you now know).
โœ–

LOllOOllllLLOL!!!!
And they actually trust you with a paint brush?
OMG, TOO FUNNY!
Add pictures here
โœ–