Coloring wall with different colors

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is the effect of doing different color on two of the four walls.

I have seen it in some rooms, and I was planning to do white on the celining and on the two walls. The other two walls being some light creame shade, these walls are opposite to each other and window in one and a door in another one, both windows and doors are pine color. The room is small about 11' by 10'.

I am wondering what effect does it give to the room, like does it make it look modern, un-traditional when two walls have different color than the other two of the four walls.

Cheers, Vimal

Reply to
Vimal

Depends on the colors... It will change the apparent shape and size of the room, and if you pick the wrong colors, it will look like something out of the 60's

Reply to
Goedjn

Often one or 2 walls will be a different color, which is sometimes referred to as an "accent wall". It's quite modern, but if you choose odd colors the effect might be strange. In your case, I'm wondering if the effect will be strange, since the 2 colors are so close. It might even seem like it is just a lighting or shadow effect, and depending on the amount of contrast might not be very noticeable. Or it might be noticeable enough for someone to think "weird". Then again, maybe not. In this case I don't think it will be possible to tell unless you actually finish it.

Another option is to pick a color with more contrast, then try just one wall at first. You might like it enough to leave it at that.

Reply to
jeffc