Colorado Flooding

Not OT because there will be a lot of home repair needed. Videos of the Colorado flooding from various sources. More videos on one page that I've ever seen before.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/13/colorado-flood-videos_n_3921188.html?icid=maing-grid7 |main5|dl3|sec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D375046 or: http://tinyurl.com/mq7eft7
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

At least it out the fire out.
I did comment on another list, be nice to send some of this water to California. Where they are still fighting forest fires.

Photo gallery:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/14/us/flooding-colorado/
Yet, the south-eastern corner of CO is still suffering "extreme" (D3) level drought conditions, as did most of the state one year ago. I'm in the headwaters of the Arkansas R valley, dead center in the CO Rockies, and the river has risen a little over seven inches in the last 24hrs. Far from crisis levels. Not even Spring runoff levels. Fifty percent chance (almost certain) of more rain today and tomorrow. We need it, badly.
http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/monitor.html http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no 091200
I live about 50 ft from river, but am about 50 above it, so no problem, here. Unfortunate for N CO, but flash floods after a drought are pretty common.
nb
Even without watching the videos, the still pictures of the damage are really frightening. My compassion to all who live there. Another poster comments that those who were prepared should do OK, if they have the necessary home storage of water, food, light, etc. Better to evacuate, and live with relatives for two weeks while this blows over. Might come home to a washed away house, and looted and stolen, too.
On 9/13/2013 9:51 PM, willshak wrote:

It must be Global Warming.

No, no, no, no, no, It's "Climate Change". The P.L.L.C.F. found that their claim of "Global Cooling" and later their howling about "Global Warming" was not supported by any scientific facts. They changed their chant to "Climate Change" now claiming that man is affecting the weather worldwide and we must do something about it. It has absolutely nothing to do with protecting the planet, fuzzy bunnies, polar bear cubs or flowers on the prairie. It's all about control, they desire more and more excuses to intrude into the personal lives of the citizenry and to gain control of business and industry using laws based on "Junk Science" that they can use in a punitive manner against those who oppose them. If anyone has been paying attention to their vile tactic of causing "The Dumbassification Of America" by getting control of the educational system, it's quite clear that their ultimate agenda is to gain control of all world governments. Oh well, I probably won't be around to witness the end of a great nation but the P.L.L.C.F. will never give up and will continue to attack the very fabric of our society. o_O
Oh yea, some may not know what P.L.L.C.F. means, it's Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks. Saves on a lot of typing for my arthritic hands.
TDD

Too bad something can't be done for yer arthritic brain.
nb
On 9/15/2013 5:28 AM, notbob wrote:

I must assume you're one of the P.L.L.C.F. and also one of the O.B.K., Obama Butt Kissers? ^_^
TDD
On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 01:16:13 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Some say "progressive", some say "liberal". You say "PLLCF", I say "lefty loon". Can't we all just get along?

SILENCE!!! I KEEL YOU!!! >_<
TDD
'The Daring Dufas[_8_ Wrote: > ;3121583']

Glad you clarified that the P.L.L.C.F. are democrats.
I woulda presumed it meant the Politically Left Leaning Conservative Faction.
--
nestork

On 9/15/2013 11:58 AM, nestork wrote:

There is a difference between Democrats and Commiecrats. Commiecrats are the radicalized version of Democrats hiding inside the Democrat Party. Many but not all are O.B.K., Obama Butt Kissers and not all O.B.K. are Commiecrats, they're just misguided citizens who fell for the sales pitch and got a pig in a poke. ^_^
TDD
On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:58:06 +0200, nestork

Now there is an oxymoron. Only a lefty loon could come up with that one.