Collapsed Dryer Vent

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to re-connect my vent?

Reply to
PFloyd

I'd start at the back of the dryer and find out where the other end of the ductwork (flexible or rigid) is currently going.

Maybe you could provide a little more detail about how the ductwork is laid out inside the house. Are you not able to see the vent from the inside?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'm just thinkin' out loud here, sort of off the top of my head--- I wonder if it might be a good idea to reconnect it where it pulled off or apart, ya' know...

Reply to
John H. Holliday

From the inside. What do you see when you look at it from the inside of the house?

Reply to
mm

check entire line for clogs, sometimes the line clogs and pressure blows it apart

Reply to
bob haller

I don't like most dryer vent hose, when I redid the dryer vent in my basement i got two 4" 90's and a length of metal flex duct. Connected it all together with screws and metal duct tape, only non-fastened connection is at base of dryer (to take apart for annual cleaning.) much less restriction and lint buildup that way.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Good installation except for the screws. I used screws like I'd used with my HVAC duct work and when inspected a few months later found the each had collected a good bit of lint. I pulled them all out and just used good metal duct tape (not the cheapo cloth based stuff that dries put quickly. A year and a half later and the vents are still clear as new.

Reply to
Mark

I just quit using a dryer period

========================================================= Try to make me, f****it - I'll shoot you dead, and laugh about it over a beer later. Then I'll stub a cigar butt out on your orphan child's head.-Wilson Woods

Reply to
me

Even better than the flex metal is the rigid metal piping. It won't collapse easily, better at fire safety, and a smooth interior gives a better flow rate due to less turbulence.

Reply to
Phisherman