Coleman Pressure Washer

I have an electric 1200 psi PW and it runs but does not build pressure. I followed the manual and all the basic checks checked out except I do not know how to check the bypass valve. I think I can hear air escaping during operation but I am not sure. I opened the unit to check the internals but all appeared okay. I thought maybe the washers around the pistons were worn out. Any ideas?
Take off the nozzle and pre filter to see if it is clogged it could be dirt somewhere.