Coleman Evcon electric furnace

First of all, thats a heat pump ready unit. And its a mobile home unit. And its 100% efficient.

its normal, wrong idea, but normal

All been superceeded, so your numbers are no good btw. oh...and only one is for your heat, depending on when the unit was made. There should be THREE sequencers in ALL EB units...unless you have one of those Kansas City models..

In order No Need a full and CORRECT serial number to tell you...all are the same price tho. yes Me, or any other Source One dealer. No refunds, no warranty to non licenced persons.

I dont know that, but if you want the sequencer assembly, its $65 plus shipping.

Reply to
steve

I bought a home (pre-fab = mobile without wheels) that has a Coleman Evcon model EB15B furnace. Until I upgrade to a heat pump, I'd like to get the most of what I can out of this fuel hog.

When the thermostat calls for heat, the fan blows and 2 of the three heaters in it have power going to them. (the limit switch is OK to the one that doesn't turn on.) (I'm guessing the third may be for if it's very, very cold?) Anyway, when the room temperature rises, the thermostat opens, the fan speed slows, and the two heating elements are still getting full 240VAC. After about a minute it shuts off completely. This seems strange to me, I again am guessing that the heaters should turn off and the slow fan speed makes good of what heat is in the system, mainly the two hot heating elements. But like I said, the heaters stay on. Is this not working correctly?

All three heating elements are wired to what the wiring digram calls a "sequencer", it looks like a combination of two relays/heat sensor combinations, mounted on a plate with the numbers: 15SH41 309509

3115-357 H1-110 C1-110

So is the sequencer bad? Which of those numbers are the actual part number I would need to get a replacement? Can I get a replacement? Where?

By the way I've been playing with 240VAC for almost 30 years now and I'm not going to fry myself.

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Your answer is posted somewhere in here..

Reply to
steve