Cold weather cause voltage drop?

It seems that when the temp drops below 20 my lights flicker & dim, the microwave won't run & the TV picture shrinks. This occurs when all the big load devices are off so I believe it's power company related. Any thoughts on what would cause this?
This is not something one would normally expect to find and you should contact your utility provider directly. Even if there were a large number of electrically heated homes in your immediate area, any drop in service voltage would not be that obvious, nor disruptive.
Have you talked to your next-door neighbours and, if so, do they also experience this problem? Roughly how many homes are served by your distribution transformer?
Cheers, Paul

Thats a bad sign , you should not use appliences with that situation .
If you have a voltmeter you may be able to get a voltage reading .
Contact the power company as soon as possible.
Do you have a heat pump? At low temperatures they have a large resistance heater that comes on.

No, we have propane heat.

message

I imagine it is just extra demand that is causing the PoCo to brown you out

It's almost certainly load related but apparently (and hopefully) not your load that is causing the sag.
Call your utility company. Some are better than others but there's a good chance they will diagnose and fix the problem in fairly short order without charging you a cent.