Cold weather adaptation around the house

Coldest night of the year here at -26C (about -15F) with windchill down to -29C

Reply to
clare

I'm sure I would if I had the tarps, and it would not look too strange.

Sunday AM, the radio said -11 F, with wind chills of -30 below. Wow, that was miserable. I ought have stayed home, like half my congregation.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've been insulted! Monster! Make her stop!

More seriously, I've been pleased with my natural gas furnace, which has obediently kept the indoor temp at the set point. Can't complain about that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oren posted for all of us...

I thought you couldn't wear shorts because of exposure problems...

Reply to
Tekkie®

I feel they are safer. Except in one case described here, Burst into flames from leak. Perhaps thermostat stuck. Like to run them full on so they don't cycle. Just turn watts down.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Tuesday Feb 16, 2016 Last night, I had a rare but welcome service call. Less than inch of snow. The weather guys are saying that a snow storm is expected, leaving plenty of snow. I got home about 10 PM and it was snowing, but no new accumulation.

8 AM wake up, finds seven (7) inches of wet, heavy heart attack snow on the side porch. Not what I wanted to see. Now, it's time to go shovel and see if the snow blower runs. And if it works on this wet and heavy.

Guess a hearty breakfast and a few ibuprophen will be my best friend this morning. A couple years ago, I tried a headset radio and listen to news and information while shovelling. Might try that again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And it's still Tuesday. I cleared most of the snow from one vehicle, fatigue took over. Find out there is a travel advisory, the snow plows cannot keep up with the snow. I am going to cancel all my plans, and stay home. Eat, go back to bed, read books, watch some TV shows. Just cancel the entire day and wait for tomorrow.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oren posted for all of us...

I was referring to the schlong exposure.

Reply to
Tekkie®