Cold Water?

I live in Phoenix AZ (Proving grounds for hell) and during the summer months other than late at night cold water is only a memory. Anything similiar to a water heater for cold water? TIA, Dave

Reply to
david

How about your very own drinking fountain or refrigerated bottled water setup.

Reply to
ceraboy

Little too crowded in there to shower after a day of hard work.

Reply to
david

Was looking for cold tap water for like showering and washing.

Reply to
david

What is your water source? I have lived in the south and never had a problem with not having cold water from city services. If on a well, I can see your pressure tank heating up during the day. If so, just run the tank down until the pump starts and you'll have water at about 50 degrees.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I lived in a trailer in Kuwait for six months (and you think Phoenix is HOT!!!). What we did was turn off the water heater and then you are storing water in your air conditioned living space and it works just the opposite of a normal water heater. You turn on the 'Cold' for hot water from the municipal system and 'Hot' for the air conditioned water you are storing!

Jay

Reply to
Jay Britton

Refrigerator??

Reply to
C & M

Reply to
Don Young

How hot is the water that it is too warm for a shower?

There are commercial chillers but they are expensive to buy and to operate.

Edwin Pawlowski

How about a 4"x20' PVC pressurized pipe near the ceiling with a sock over it (the kind used to cover 4" black corrugated flexible perforated drain pipe) and a plastic gutter beneath and a 10 watt fountain pump and a smaller pipe with holes over the 4" pipe and a float valve to keep the gutter full?

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Been there and played those games. Just retired, I'm getting ready to just put the heater on a timer and use the "hot" water during the day when it's turned off.

Reply to
david