Cold Water?

I live in Phoenix AZ (Proving grounds for hell) and during the summer months other than late at night cold water is only a memory. Anything similiar to a water heater for cold water? TIA, Dave
david wrote:

How about your very own drinking fountain or refrigerated bottled water setup.
Was looking for cold tap water for like showering and washing.

david wrote:

What is your water source? I have lived in the south and never had a problem with not having cold water from city services. If on a well, I can see your pressure tank heating up during the day. If so, just run the tank down until the pump starts and you'll have water at about 50 degrees.
Harry K
There are refrigerated water chillers but for most people the installation and operating costs would be prohibitive. An evaporative cooling tower might not be too expensive to run but the installation and maintenance costs would be high. A large tank, deeply buried, might help some but would be expensive to install and might not be satisfactory from a cooling standpoint. It might be easier to cool the bathroom way down, install fans, and then enjoy a nice warm shower :-). Don Young

How hot is the water that it is too warm for a shower?
There are commercial chillers but they are expensive to buy and to operate. http://www.ptb-sales.com/lab-test/chillers/water.html http://www.waterchillers.com/acs.html

HOT!!!). What we did was turn off the water heater and then you are storing water in your air conditioned living space and it works just the opposite of a normal water heater. You turn on the 'Cold' for hot water from the municipal system and 'Hot' for the air conditioned water you are storing!
Jay
Been there and played those games. Just retired, I'm getting ready to just put the heater on a timer and use the "hot" water during the day when it's turned off.

Refrigerator??

Little too crowded in there to shower after a day of hard work.

How about a 4"x20' PVC pressurized pipe near the ceiling with a sock over it (the kind used to cover 4" black corrugated flexible perforated drain pipe) and a plastic gutter beneath and a 10 watt fountain pump and a smaller pipe with holes over the 4" pipe and a float valve to keep the gutter full?
Nick
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info