Cold heat cordless sodering gun opinion

I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times. What do you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

do
JUNK !
Talked to lots of people who "had" them. all threw them in the trash once the tips went bad.
AMUN

This came up here last year. Consensus is "junk"

do
Trash.
I got one for Christmas. Tried to use it a couple times, and all I got was annoyed.
Pagan
Scott wrote:

It is not a soldering gun, but rather more of a fine point pencil. I would not bother with one unless I really needed cordless very light duty tool.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Scott wrote:

Are you are talking about the Coleman cold heat thing? If so, pass it up. It is actually to electrodes very close together and it produces heat by passing a current from one electrode to the other through the material to be soldered. That is, the wire heats but the tip doesn't. Or it isn't supposed to but in real life the tip also heats up.
Tried one and it is lousy compared to a regular gun-- you have to hold it just so, it takes longer than a regular gun, and the wires get hotter before the solder melts so there is more chance of damaging a delicate component.

Not junk.... JUNK!!!!! with a capitol J-U-N-K.
( I don't fall for infomercial stuff but I fell for this one and I am still pissed )
It is nothing more than 4 AA batteries that are shorted when a conductor bridges a slight gap between poles at the tip. If you don't hit what you are trying to solder just right no heat and no love.
If you need to do a lot of light soldering and need portability ( no wires ) a butane iron will do much better. They go 30 or 40 bucks.
If you only need to solder every once in while goto Radio Shack and get a 15W cheapie iron. Get used to plugging it in and waiting all of 1 minute while it heats up.
HM