Cold Convector?

My house is a single zone system heated by oil, with convectors in every room.
Every year at the beginning of the season, I bleed each convecto, to get the air out.
I have one convector that never seems to want to get hot, (sometimes it does, but not as routinely as the others). I bled it, and there's NO air in it. The water, (cold), flows out of the bleed valve with no problem.
Any thoughts??

One more thing I forgot to mention: There's a convector on the floor DIRECTLY uncerneath the cold convector, that's nice and warm, no problem.

Is a convector an upright radiator so when you bleed it its under pressure or does the same water come out with the system off and its draining. Does the water flow out as fast when you bleed it as the others, maybe there is an air blockage somewhere or a valve is off.

Right, if it's a cast iron radiator with a valve, the valve could be stuck shut. It is still possible to bleed it because it is connected on the return side, but it won't get water when it circulates. It also possible that it is a longstanding system design problem--maybe a monoflow tee is backwards or something. More likely the valve is shot thought.
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:24:25 -0800 (PST), marson

No. It's closer to a base board hot water unit with aluminum fins that move the heat. It's inside a sheet metal box that radiates heat. They work great, almost always.

Now you say they work great, most always, so what is it, it wont heat , or it works great most always, in which case your post is wrong , since it works Great at times, Geeees.