Cold Climate heat pump

Page 2 of 2

Sanyo still makes a HP with a gas burner in it. Greg
Seems like if you had natural gas available, you'd get a furnace?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

This is Turtle.
They brought the gas burner inside and called it a gas furnace.
TURTLE

I know of a couple in this area, the electric utility was pushing them at one time. I do not know how dependable they are. We also have a cusomer that has been trying to get one. It has been ordered for many months, but it seems like it is lost in limbo some where.
I have a sneaking suspicion Nyles is having trouble with them and not shipping till it gets figured out!
Myself, I would shy away for now, give them a couple more years and they may getit figured out! Greg

What kind of slum lord are you?? Most rental property owners want the cheapest piece of crap they can find, screw the operating costs, let the renters pay the fuel bill! Greg
:-) I'm one of the good guys, I like to think. my first thought was "get a cheap, 10-seer heat pump", but I realized that would make me a complete hypocrite. I've been preaching to my friends and family about reduced energy load, cutting out fossile fuel use and using various solar and geothermal designs. So for me to put in a cheapo system in my rentals would not cut it.
What's a couple months of rent in the big picture?
thanks to all for your feedback. I think I'll go with one of the high efficiency units suggested in a previous post.
Best,