Coin Dropped into Dryer Lint Filter

In a move that puts me in the running for bonehead of the year, I managed to drop a penny into the open top-loading receptacle for the lint filter on my electric dryer...and the filter was obviously out. After pulling the vent off of the back of the dryer I'm convinced that it hasn't miraculously exited that way, so I have to assume that the thing is actually trapped in my dryer. My question is this: do I need to even worry about this? Since the object is so small and non- flammable, is there any risk in using the dryer for the next 15 years, or is the possibility of obstructing the vent out of the machine going to be a problem for me?
Thanks in advance for any advice which you folks can offer.
Al
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6 May 2007 20:28:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Heck, I told my brother, a doctor, that I had inhaled some insulation that had gone around an electric wire. He told me not to worry about it. That was 15 years ago.

It will take some time, but you can do it.

I don't know if the vent connects enough to anything else that the penny might end up causing something to squeak or scratch, but if it does, don't forget that it might just be this penny.

It's good that you thanked us in advance, because you might not be able to after the penny causes a fire and you burn down your house and kills you.
Just kidding. Don't worry about it.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On May 6, 11:28 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I wouldn't be overly concerned. That said, I once left a box of waterproof matches in a pair of shorts when doing the wash. When I took the shorts out of the dryer, I found the empty box and a small amount of matches. As advertised, a good wash did nothing to them. I pulled the lint trap, found more matches, as heard several more fall down.
At least with my dryer, it was pretty simple to remove the back of the dryer and then disassemble the part that runs from the lint screen all the way to the fan assembly. (I don't have a schematic here, and I'm not sure of what to call that piece.) I found a large number of matches there, as well as screws, change, etc. I was able to carefully feel around the fan and remove some other objects, none of which seemed to be impeding the dryer. I also used the shop vac for any lingering lint. It quickly went back together. I didn't have instructions, just a willingness to poke around and a little time. I should mention the first step was unplugging the unit, eh?
mark
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mark wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooow youuuuuuuuuuu tellllllllllllllll meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
--
Postulate a God who\'s so smart He designed things we won\'t discover for the
next ten years, but who\'s so incredibly stupid He couldn\'t think up the
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.