Cogitating about Cat 5 Wire

Sorry, of course you're correct, thanks for clarifying.

I should have said "any power wires", since power lines are not shielded or run in twisted pairs. The HAM radio folks say that the emissions from power wires containing BPL transmissions can be detected up to a mile away.

Reply to
Astro

berkshire bill posted for all of us....

Because the wire in the power line acts like an antenna and radiates spurious signals over a very wide range of frequencies jamming them.

Reply to
Tekkie

I knew of the deployment of signals, but didn't think through the impact or it's seriousness.

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill