coffee maker clock - poor handling of transients?

Weird... My old coffee maker died a couple weeks ago, so I gave the girlie a few bucks and the direction that while she was out, to pick up a new coffee maker. She returned with a new Mr. Coffee, replete with analog/digital clock. It worked OK for a few days and then started going haywire - the clock would be hours off by morning, or it would lock up completely. In any case, I didn't have my morning coffee and the only "fix" was to unplug it for an hour or two and try again.
Well, last week I installed a whole-house TVSS in my breaker panel (Siemens QSA2020TVSS to be exact) and I just realized this AM that the coffee maker has been working perfectly ever since. Is it possible that I just had "dirty" power and that all my other appliances were handling it correctly so I never noticed? Anyway, it seems like too much of a coincidence as before installing the TVSS the coffeemaker would more often than not not make it through a full day without locking up.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Don't know the answer, but I do know how to eliminate the problem. Get a coffee pot without a clock. If you just have to have a cup of coffee ready for you when you get to the office. Get two pots, a regular one and a little 4 cup one (they actually hold 2 cups (the two will be cheaper than one with a clock). If you can't stand waiting 5 minutes for the little one to provide a cup, get therapy.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

I hear ya... the problem is that this one will not brew AT ALL when the clock ceases to function... and no, I can't wait a couple hours for the darn thing to decide to work before my first cup in the AM.
Is there even such a thing made anymore? A coffee maker with just a switch and a heating element?
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
My camp coffeemaker died this summer and I had the same specifications for the replacement. I found a Mr.Coffee without a clock at my local small town hardware store. It was in the back, up on a shelf in a pile of ancient boxes. The layer of dust on the box was pretty thick. It's an upgrade. This one lets me take a cup while it's still brewing. Liz
Nate Nagel wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:

Sure there are, in both large and small sizes. Last year (or maybe early this year) we bought another 4 cup Mr Coffee to use in our travel trailer. I it was around $12.