coffee cup (mug) warmer

Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls wattage? Would like to convert one of the new lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do that?

Reply to
Frank Thompson

on 5/9/2008 6:46 AM Frank Thompson said the following:

The cup.

Reply to
willshak

Frank,

Most likely the heating element determines the wattage. I'm guessing that you have a mini hot plate so it would be difficult to upgrade the wattage. I looked around on the net and most of these ot plates don't have a wattage on their ads. You could try a bigger hot plate such as those designed for a carafe. And of course there's the microwave oven or sterno.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

This one rated at 24 watts.

Reply to
Frank

Running it on 240V would double the wattage (assuming you are now on 120V) but it also would likely burn out the element.

Google or Frank would appear to be your best answer.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Doubling the voltage would increase the power by a factor of four (P=(E)squared/R) because it is a square law function.

Reply to
George

The base equation is P=IE

Reply to
pheeh.zero

Never realised that coffe was such a dangerous substance! But by the way; DOUBLING THE VOLTAGE! Doubling the voltage (of a resistive device such as a heater) will also double the current. Twice the voltage and twice the current will result in FOUR Times the wattage!!!! Absolutely basic Ohm's Law; ....... Volts times Amps =3D Watts

Reply to
terry

You are confusing two equation here: P=IE (power or Watts) and E=IR (Ohm's Law, volts=current x resistance)

Reply to
pheeh.zero