coffee cup (mug) warmer

Been unable to locate 25 watt one. All the new ones which have little more than half that wattage don't keep coffee hot enough for me. My old Dazey 25 watt one did a great job, but it died. What controls wattage? Would like to convert one of the new lower wattage ones to 25 watts. What would I have to replace to do that?
on 5/9/2008 6:46 AM Frank Thompson said the following:

The cup.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

This one rated at 24 watts.
Running it on 240V would double the wattage (assuming you are now on 120V) but it also would likely burn out the element.
Google or Frank would appear to be your best answer.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Doubling the voltage would increase the power by a factor of four (P=(E)squared/R) because it is a square law function.

The base equation is P=IE

Never realised that coffe was such a dangerous substance! But by the way; DOUBLING THE VOLTAGE! Doubling the voltage (of a resistive device such as a heater) will also double the current. Twice the voltage and twice the current will result in FOUR Times the wattage!!!! Absolutely basic Ohm's Law; ....... Volts times Amps = Watts

You are confusing two equation here: P=IE (power or Watts) and E=IR (Ohm's Law, volts=current x resistance)