Code & Transfer Switch

I am adding a standby generator to my house and have a question about mounting the auto transfer switch. Here is the background, my power enters overhead down a 2" ridged metal conduit into a meter base it continues down into second box with a 200A main breaker service disconnect in it, from there it enters a PVC conduit that continues to the ground and runs underground into the house and the circuit breaker distribution panel. I am putting in a ASCO 200A auto transfer switch in a NEMA 3R enclosure. Now for the question. The easiest place to mount the switch will be under the main disconnect (just cut the PVC conduit and mount the switch inline). If I do this the conduit will exit the transfer switch box at 6" to 9" above ground level. Can the top of the conduit and the bottom of the switch box be this close to the ground??? If this won't fly I'll have a few more questions. Dave in Tucson
As log as you aren't in a flood plain I don't see a problem.
Contact your local code enforcement office. Yellow pages or blue pages.