code for chimney liners

I am thinking of inserting a wood soapstone stove in my firelace and am looking for the building codes on chimney flu liners, stove installation, etc. I heard there was a federal law regarding the flu liner for a wood stove.

Any web links to this would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Paul

Reply to
antinori

Codes vary depending on the area. Check with who ever enforces the codes in your area. The federal government has nothing to do with it. Anything on the web could be incorrect for your area. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

If the chimney is to big or cold it will not draw right and could smoke or take forever to warm up to proper draw. Consult a pro or post at alt.energy.homepower

Reply to