Coax cable for component video?

I found this:

Looking at the V3-5CFB cable, does it mean it is a single RG6 cable but contains all three video cables needed for component video in one single run and at the end you split those into three different connectors?

Just started looking into the subject and wonder if I should make my own cable or buy long ones for in-wall attic runs.

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

Looks like 3 complete RG6 cables all inside a single sheath to me.

Reply to
Abe

It's not a single "RG-6" cable, it's a cable that contains 3, 75 ohm cables, that are "similar" to RG-6. RG-6 is a single 75 ohm cable.

The cable that you have referenced would be fine for running component video lines. Also as you suggest you would terminate the three internal cables at each end with RCA type connectors.

Reply to
Bishoop

Will I be better off running three RG6 cables myself and make my own RCA connectors? It will be the same price even if I pay for the compression tool and stripper myself. Seems it will be a better way to go unless these special cables have some magic properties that will prevent signal loss compared to home made RG6.

MC

miamicuse

Large Marge

I ran 50ft lines (RG6/RCA connectors) from my PC to my VCR/ receiver.....works fine. Although I have a non cable related hum problem if I use certain household plug ins...with others even with a crappy extension cord no hum...pretty odd........Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo