Coating or thick paint for fiberglass pool filter

I have an older fiberglass pool filter where the outer layer of the resin has worn away over time and now the fibers are exposed. I want to put some sort of thick coating or paint (epoxy?) on it to cover up the fibers.
Does anyone know of something I could use on this that I can apply with a paint roller and pick up at a Home Depot?

I suggest you get some epoxy or polyester resin. The epoxy is abit more forgiving. Once polyester resin "fires" that's it, you're done. Use a disposable roller.

Do you have a recommendation on a product brand that's available at Home Depot?
And when you say "done", what does that mean? I don't plan on removing this stuff once it's on.
I had already planned on the disposable roller. :)
Dave wrote:

They are unlikely to have anything. Ditto Lowes. Try a marine or surfboard place. Or maybe auto supply like NAPA. __________

Both require a catalyst to set. Epoxy sets up slowly once the catalyst is added, takes up to a day to get reasonably hard. Polyester hardens much more rapidly - minutes - and the set up time can be controlled a bit by using more/less catalyst. The curing process generates heat, BTW, so use a shallow container for mixing and don't put the container in the trash until all is cured.
Also BTW, there are two types of polyester resin: laminating and finishing. Use laminating when you plan to add additional coats as the surface remains tacky after setting. The finishing has a small amount of wax added; the wax keeps air from the surface so the resin sets hard.
--

dadiOH

Polyester resin has very poor adhesion compared to epoxy on top of old FRP.
I would suggest going to a marine supply house/marina/boatyard. I think you might be after what is known as "gel coat." I did some repairs on a sailboat many years ago. Used epoxy and fiberglass mat, then a special fiberglass paint, in my case. Can't believe your problem is all that different.