CO Detectors - A/C with l

Don:

DW> Here in NYC we are expected to have Carbon Monoxide detectors installed by DW> November 1st. They are supposed to be 15' from all bedrooms. I'd also like DW> to install one in the cellar near the furnace. One with a digital read out. DW> I'd like one that plugs in, but uses a line cord. The outlets in the cellar DW> are on electrical boxes being fed by conduit. But I can easily mount one DW> somewhere on the brick wall and plug in. But the only one I've found with a DW> line cord was a simple one without a read out.

According to the instructions coming with my CO detector it's not supposed to be located near the furnace, water heater, nor furnace, I think because of too many false positives when those devices are operating.

I have mine up here in the Computer Room near the vent.

  • Blonde Inventions: A book on how to read
Reply to
barry martin

barry,

I have noticed that many if not all of your replies result in a broken thread. I would guess it may have something to do with the news reader you are using and-or the settings of that reader.

I would believe that a number of people never see your replies to their questions since they are no longer joined.

I am not complaining and there may not be anything you can do about it, but you may want to investigate the problem if you have not do so already.

Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Totally agree with Mr. Meehan. I rarely check a Re: reply since it is usually an orphan post, sometimes way late from the OP. I fact, reading this one was virtually accidental since it was first in the list. IMO, if the threads aren't connected, the usefulness is marginalized. We should all work to keep the level of communication in this NG as focussed as possible, including editing for briefness to save bandwidth and storage space. My nickles worth.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Whoa! Does this mean no more clever, concise, albeit wise ass, responses? Please say it isn't so. I promise never to visit, read or even mention the alt.hvac group ever again.

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

Has this become a Joe only question? :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz