CO Detectors - A/C with l

Don:
DW> Here in NYC we are expected to have Carbon Monoxide detectors installed by DW> November 1st. They are supposed to be 15' from all bedrooms. I'd also like DW> to install one in the cellar near the furnace. One with a digital read out. DW> I'd like one that plugs in, but uses a line cord. The outlets in the cellar DW> are on electrical boxes being fed by conduit. But I can easily mount one DW> somewhere on the brick wall and plug in. But the only one I've found with a DW> line cord was a simple one without a read out.
According to the instructions coming with my CO detector it's not supposed to be located near the furnace, water heater, nor furnace, I think because of too many false positives when those devices are operating.
I have mine up here in the Computer Room near the vent.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Blonde Inventions: A book on how to read
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
<< barry,
I have noticed that many if not all of your replies result in a broken thread. >>
Totally agree with Mr. Meehan. I rarely check a Re: reply since it is usually an orphan post, sometimes way late from the OP. I fact, reading this one was virtually accidental since it was first in the list. IMO, if the threads aren't connected, the usefulness is marginalized. We should all work to keep the level of communication in this NG as focussed as possible, including editing for briefness to save bandwidth and storage space. My nickles worth.
Joe
Whoa! Does this mean no more clever, concise, albeit wise ass, responses? Please say it isn't so. I promise never to visit, read or even mention the alt.hvac group ever again.

usually
was
aren't
focussed as

space.
Joe Fabeitz wrote:

Has this become a Joe only question? :-)
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
At least you get "...MR. Meehan".