Clue from burglary, but what is this thing? (see photos)

Page 1 of 2
We had a small break-in; the perp left a bunch of these, either intentionally or not, scattered around the scene of the crime.
Does anyone know what this thing is or does? I thought it might be to slow water-flow within a hose, but I'm not sure.
Thanks for your ideas. Here are the photos:
http://photos.yahoo.com/billgangley2005
Bill wrote:

Lousy pics?
Gee, thanks Mr. Helpful!
Bill wrote:

Oh sure. Here's more help: http://photos.yahoo.com/billgangley2005
G Henslee wrote:

looks like a small reeces peanut butter cup
Solved, in a different, (helpful) thread.
joe wrote:

Bill wrote:

Whoop-d-fuckin'-do.

Pop wrote:

Back in your cage ya ole kaner!

Learn how to use your computer. (click on the thumbnails)
snipped-for-privacy@sucks.net wrote:

The larger ones (after clicking on the thumbs) *were* the lousy pics you nitwit. You want to spend _your_ time running lousy pics through an editor and screwing with them, so be it. FOAD.

As we all should do at first. Pics are much cleaner once digitally enhanced. Like what this retailer did:
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/7815/filterball7rd.jpg

You couldn't solve the mystery object so you blame it on the OP.
Solve this without the text. http://www.aquarium-supply.biz/ordering/aquarium_bio_balls.html
Bill wrote:

Yup, that's a bio ball for pond filtration.
http://www.futurepets.com/Bio_Balls.htm
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

so the robber works for a lndscaping company. *That* narrows it down.

He steals it from the neighbor's. He removes the "bio ball" from his pocket to make room for other goodies. Here's a clearer picture.
http://www.aquaexcel.com/products/harrison_maxim.htm

well, take some better pics next time so people can SEE what they are.

Pics looked fine from here: You must have a shi__y display.
Those that can, do, those that can't; bitch.
Pop wrote:

Shut up you ole invalid bastard. If it wasn't for the gerbil, you couldn't find your ass in the dark with a flashlight.

Oh, cut him some slack- he probably has a low-end snapshot digital, and considering the size of the object (see the penny in the pictures), the pictures weren't that bad. Most consumer digitals do not do closeups worth a damn, and when you zoom and crop the picture on the PC, the resolution goes down. Sure, even with a cheap camera and some experience, you can do better, but this isn't something most people do on a regular basis. A lot of ebay pictures of small stuff are even worse.
aem sends....