Clue from burglary, but what is this thing? (see photos)

We had a small break-in; the perp left a bunch of these, either intentionally or not, scattered around the scene of the crime.

Does anyone know what this thing is or does? I thought it might be to slow water-flow within a hose, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your ideas. Here are the photos:

Bill

G Henslee

Gee, thanks Mr. Helpful!

Reply to
Bill

Oh sure. Here's more help:

G Henslee

Reply to
Bill

Back in your cage ya ole kaner!

Reply to
G Henslee

Whoop-d-f***in'-do.

Reply to
G Henslee

looks like a small reeces peanut butter cup

Reply to
joe

Lousy response!

Reply to
Pop

Yup, that's a bio ball for pond filtration.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

"> >

of these, either

scene of the crime.

thought it might be to

sure.

so the robber works for a lndscaping company.

*That* narrows it down.
Reply to
Kathy

"Bill" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

well, take some better pics next time so people can SEE what they are.

Reply to
BuddyB

Walter R.

Learn how to use your computer. (click on the thumbnails)

Reply to
tnom

Pics looked fine from here: You must have a shi__y display.

Those that can, do, those that can't; bitch.

Reply to
Pop

"Kathy" wrote

He steals it from the neighbor's. He removes the "bio ball" from his pocket to make room for other goodies. Here's a clearer picture.

Sam Nickaby

Oh, cut him some slack- he probably has a low-end snapshot digital, and considering the size of the object (see the penny in the pictures), the pictures weren't that bad. Most consumer digitals do not do closeups worth a damn, and when you zoom and crop the picture on the PC, the resolution goes down. Sure, even with a cheap camera and some experience, you can do better, but this isn't something most people do on a regular basis. A lot of ebay pictures of small stuff are even worse.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers

"ameijers" wrote

Learn how to use flash photography or use Photoshop with no-clutter hosting like this. See his altered Photoshopped image:

Pass your mouse on the right corner of the image and click.

Sam Nickaby

And?

Reply to
Bishoop

The larger ones (after clicking on the thumbs) *were* the lousy pics you nitwit. You want to spend _your_ time running lousy pics through an editor and screwing with them, so be it. FOAD.

Reply to
G Henslee