Cloudy hot water

The hot water in my kitchen sink is cloudy. Kind of a milky off white.
Also the water pressure for both hot and cold seems to be lower than when I bought it years ago, but only in the kitchen. But it may have happened so slowly that I haven't noticed.
But here is what's odd. Other hot faucets aren't cloudy. And they have higher water pressure than the kitchen.
Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Thanks for any advice.
stinkeroo wrote:

Oh, also, I should add. It's a 13 year old house, concrete slab. Someone mentioned to me to clean the screens on the faucet, but they weren't the problem. I think right now there is no screen on the faucet head.
stinkeroo wrote:

Hi, Flush the hot water tank. Like you flush car radiator?
when i searched your title i found: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22Cloudy+hot+water%22&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en & which revealed postings including: http://groups.google.com/group/sci.chem/browse_frm/thread/6f8008f65d0781f0/09a1bb8c69c28c8e?tvc=1&q=%22Cloudy+hot+water%22&hl=en#09a1bb8c69c28c8e
stinkeroo wrote:

Dec 2006 21:48:53 -0800, stinkeroo wrote:

If you fill a glass with this hot water, and let it stand for a few minutes, does the water clear, or does it stay cloudy?
--
Seth Goodman

Seth Goodman wrote:

I believe that Seth is likely correct here. Did your area just get hit with cold weather a few days before this started?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
stinkeroo wrote:

Fill a clear glass with the cloudy hot water and let it sit. Does the water become clear? Yes? There's your answer. The cloudiness is due to air in the water. Now your job is to just forget it, or find out how the air got in the water.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Yes it becomes clear.
Thanks for help. I read that it is due to "air in water". Where that air would come from, I don't know. Why is it only in that faucet? Is that ominous?
It's really bad in that faucet. But only that faucet.
make sure from the test of waiting for the air in the water to "clear" that nothing gathers at the bottom, since it could be one pipe right before that one faucet to the heat
now, if it is just air, don't worry, there are faucets that are made with aerators, made to basically save the consumption of water

Air bubbles per se are not very ominous. It may be an intentional feature of that faucet in fact.
However, temperature changes can also cause effects like this. So you might want to check that no part of the pipework serving this faucet is exposed to the elements such that there's a risk of the pipe freezing and bursting.
I suppose lost/missing insulation could cause such an effect too.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Is there an aerator on that faucet?
--
Keith

krw wrote:

Thanks for your help.
No, I don't think there is. That would be in the faucet head, right? I took that out to clean it and it wasn't really dirty anyway. So I left it off.
Another thing that is odd is that the "power nozzle" that is that little gun like thing off to the side that you lift up off of the sink (it has it's own 'extension cord' type of thing) to do whatever with....well that thing has no power whatsoever....the water used to kind of drizzle out of it, now it is almost completely blocked. Just a drip.
stinkeroo wrote: ..

That is likely just a diverter valve problem, easy and cheap to replace.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

i agree on that
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Thanks. Do you think low water pressure could be a sign of something that is also easy to fix? Or is it ominous. The water pressure there is much less than the bathroom sink, or the laundry sink. Maybe 1/3 as much...I can't figure out why that would be. I'm pretty sure it was stronger in the past and slowly became weak.
stinkeroo wrote: ..

That is typical of a build up somewhere. Often it is a filter or strainer. I don't recall seeing any such strainers or filters on a laundry sink, but it is possible. What kind of valves does it have. If they are the older washer type, it could just mean you need to replace the washers. Hot water is usually the first to go. That is cheap and easy.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit