Clothes wrapped around agitator Kenmore compact washer model 110.42722200

I have tried everything to remove this agitator! I have removed the screw on the side of the agitator and wedged a broom with a rope to pull it up. Will not budge!!! There is no bolt under the fabric softener cap. Something else is pinning it down. Help please!

The perfect video for her, but this text there seems strange, " The most common reasons for replacing the agitator bolt are if it appears worn or if it gets lost in the course of a different repair."
In either case, you've already taken the bolt out.
And how worn could it appear? It's not a beauty contest. Either it tightens down or it doesn't.
And fwliw, did you noticed that when he is supposed to be loosening the bolt, I think he's tightening it! '-)
replying to Micky , Roxanne wrote:

Thank you but the machine in those videos is not my model. Mine is Kenmore model number 110.42722200. It has none of that stuff under the fabric softener dispenser. Still can't get the dang thing out!
On Fri, 06 Nov 2015 04:44:01 +0000, Roxanne

Are you sure? In the video, there seemed to be a slot where the screwdriver fit, only as wide as that screwdriver. But if there's no visibile slot, isn't there at least a line going around the agitator somewhere near the top. I have a broken steak knife I use for places like this.** But a putty knife or anything thin and strong enough should be able to slip in the crack and open it up.
I don't have that much experience, but every top-loading washing machine I know has a shaft up the middle with a nut or bolt on the top, covered by a plastic cap. It rotates on the metal shaft so it has to have that, and there needs to be a nut or bolt or you could lift it up any time.
One cap iirc unscrewed, although that was many years ago. Maybe if you hold the agitator in place, you can unscrew the cap.
As to the screw in the side, unless it's long enough to reach almost to the center, and to function as a set screw, I think that's something else.
The other possibility is just to work more at getting the clothes out, going a little at a time, making sure you're going in the right direction. I had trouble with this once.
**It's strong but has a knife edge, though no longer a very sharp one. A girl who barely knew me broke the point off one of her steak knives and saved it for me because she thought I'd want it. I've used it all the time for 30 years. (i hope she's reading.)

replying to Micky , Roxanne wrote:

Please see pics. As you can see, after I remove the fabric softener dispenser, the top of the agitator is empty (second pic). The three sided piece at the bottom of the agitator (first pic) holds up the fabric softener dispenser which goes the whole way down. There is no bolt at the bottom. Does anyone know how to get this sucker off?
click to open the full size version of the image
click to open the full size version of the image
replying to Micky , Roxanne wrote:

My washing machine is Kenmore model 110.42722200. It has a screw in the side of the agitator, which I have removed, and nothing under the fabric softener dispenser, which comes out easily. I can't find a video for this model. Help please!
replying to Roxanne, Roxanne wrote:

Thank you but the machine in those videos is not my model. Mine is Kenmore model number 110.42722200. It has none of that stuff under the fabric softener dispenser. Still can't get the dang thing out!
Roxanne wrote:

Here's the parts page for your washer's agitator assembly , looks like that screw from the side is what holds the agitator on . Is there a lint filter under the dispenser ? There may be a bolt under it ... http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/11042722200/0582/0153200/P0203142/00003.html
Try holding tension up on the ag , then tapping with a mallet or rubber hammer on the sides down low . Sometimes hard water can form compounds that will cause things to get stuck .
--
Snag

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 2:44:11 PM UTC-6, Roxanne wrote:

This person had the same problem. See if this helps: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Washer-Parts/Repair-Maintenance/Questions-Answers/replacing-the-tub-seal-but-cant-get-the-/Model-11042722200/0582/0153200/334924?modelNumber 042722200
replying to Ameri-Clean , Roxanne wrote:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Washer-Parts/Repair-Maintenance/Questions-Answers/replacing-the-tub-seal-but-cant-get-the-/Model-11042722200/0582/0153200/334924?modelNumber 042722200
Thank you! I think this is finally the correct schematic....except I can't see it! The image is so small I can't make it out, and when I try to enlarge it, it's just blurry. Do you have any idea where I can get a good copy of it? Are they saying there is a second screw underneath? Also, what does he mean "reinstall the bolt in the saddle block" and "use a mallot to drive the bolt into the plate"? Again, thanks much!
[...]

"roxanne" > is a second screw underneath? Also, what does he mean "reinstall the bolt

I think he means the saddle block is sort of like a 2 piece clamp and you screw the bolt in a few turns and when you tap the bolt it forces the back side of the clamp loose.
On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 20:44:02 +0000, Roxanne

You sound very agitated !!! :)
On 11/6/2015 9:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Did you try posting to the Usenet group alt.home.repair ? The people there can be very helpful.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 11/05/2015 02:44 PM, Roxanne wrote:

That does not make sense to me.
Seems it would be a heck of a lot easier to spend a little time and unwind the clothing rather than disassemble the machine.
If the clothing is so badly caught that it absolutely cannot be unwound, more than likely it's ruined anyway and might as well just be cut off and pulled out.
replying to philo , Roxanne wrote:

Gee, it never occurred to me to try to 'spend a little time' and unwind the clothing.... why didn't I think of that instead of spending all my time on online forums where it is assumed that I'm a moron.....