clothes washer under sewer line with ejector pump

I want to move a clothes washer in my basement. At present the washer is in the basement and drains into a vertical pipe with a trap that then goes right into the main house sewer line. This is very convenient.

At the new location there is a pipe that runs to the sewer line as well. But, this pipe is on the ceiling of the basement (the pipe runs the length of the basement, straight to the sewer after collecting waste from various rooms in the house).

I can tie into the existing ceiling line that goes to the sewer, but the washer will then be under it.

Is it possible to get an above floor ejector pump? I envision a 30 gal cannister next to the washer with an ejector in it. The ejector will send washer waste to the ceiling line. In a previous house I had an overhead sewer, but ejector pumps were buried.

I do not want to dig a hole in my basement floor a bury a pump. In theory I could do this, but I'd prefer not to carve up a floor that does not have obvious problems. Space is not a constraint here; there is plenty of above floor space for a cannister and pump.

Are above group pumps allowed? Can a pump send waste up, say, 8 feet?

Thanks.

Reply to
fixhouse

Exactly what you want to do here: