Clothes dryer taking too long

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:51:14 -0800 (PST), Michael B

The duct from the wall to the dryer is the flexible one. I don't know what is inside the walls.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Frigidaire wants you to have solid duct from the machine. Remove the tubing, clean it out, see if there's a difference. The lint filter doesn't catch it all.
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:42:46 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Yes, the clothes eventually get warm (and dry) - takes about 90 minutes instead of 50. The vent is clear as far as I have looked, but I haven't checked it all yet. I have an air compressor to blow through it.
One thing I forgot to mention, on the "normal" setting it is supposed to have a humidity sensor that detects when the clothes are dry. If that is working, seems like it should go until they are dry, but I have to add a lot of additional time.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

You will want to blow out the dryer in the area of the lint trap with the dryer running using your air compressor, you won't get all the lint out of the machine but you will get some...
Your vent line is probably filled with lint as well... Or your critter guard has become compromised and you might have some little mice or birdie creatures living inside your vent pipe...
My bet is on a combination of the dryer itself being full of lint and the vent pipe/hose being too obstructed for the proper amount of airflow to dry the clothes in the designed and intended time interval...
~~ Evan
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:52:14 -0800 (PST), Evan

We vacuumed out a lot. I didn't use the air compressor because it has a connection for a tire, so right now I don't think there is a way to get air to come out, unless it is inflating a tire. Maybe there is an attachment that will do that.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

Jan Philips wrote:

There is available a nozzle that fits the end of your air hose. It is cone-shaped and the air exits through the base of the cone.
You insert the nozzle at the end of your hose through the exhaust end of your dryer venting system and the rearward facing air holes blow the lint out the normal exit end.

Thanks! I just asked about that in another message.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:17:23 -0500, Jan Philips wrote:

Unscrew the back panel and clean it out that way (using compressor if needs be) - I think that without that you'll get rid of some of the lint, but won't catch anything like all of it (at least, I know that's true of my dryer due to the path that the "exhaust" takes and the fan getting in the way).
cheers
Jules
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:06:13 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson

Thanks, we did that today but haven't run it yet.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:24:01 -0500, Jan Philips

We opened up the dryer and removed lint, also some from the exhaust pipe. We got out about 3 gallons of lint (estimate), mostly from the air intake side. We haven't used it yet, but that should make a difference.
--
Replace you know what by j to email

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:24:01 -0500, Jan Philips
It seems to be working OK now that we cleaned out a large amount of lint, mostly on the air intake side. I wondered how there could be so much lint on that side - my wife says that the drum isn't sealed very well.
--
Replace you know what by j to email