Clothes Dryer - lube rollers?

Hi,

While I'm cleaning the lint inside the dryer and have access to the moving parts, I'm wondering if I should lube the shaft on which the support rollers ride. The only con I see, is that grease would attract lint.

What do the pros do?

Regards,

RichK

Reply to
RichK

Pull the cover and do proper maintenance, if any is required.

If you really want to try and do some maintenance, I suggest you do a websearch for your dryer make and model and get instructions. At the very least, you must remove the covers. There is nothing intelligent that you can do until you have access.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Since he's discussing the roller shafts, it would seem that he's gotten it apart...

I remember reading that these shouldn't be lubricated. I replaced mine about eight years ago and it got rid of about 3/4 of the noise the dryer makes when operating.

Reply to
Robert Barr

Yep. Lube won't last anyway and will lead to fires. As long as you have the dryer open, go pick up a roller kit, replace the rollers and the felt strip and be done with it.

Reply to
Robert Neville

OK, thanks. Yes I did have it apart, to replace the igniter. Cleaned all the lint, including inside the fan housing. Dryer was not making excessive noise, so I was not thinking of replacing the rollers, but thought grease may be the thing to do. Wasn't certain, that's why I asked here.

Regards,

RichK

Reply to
RichK