Closing Pool for First Time. Solar Cover In or Out?

We are closing our pool for the first time soon. Does anyone have thoughts on just leaving the solar cover in the pool? I am think we should just put the winter cover on over the solar cover. My wife is afraid the chemicals may hurt it. Any thoughts?
BV.
Benign Vanilla wrote:

damage to the solar cover cells than the chemicals.

Don't leave it on over winter, remove & wash thoroughly & store out of sunlight, our first solar cover deteriorated rapidly over the winter, either from the pool chemicals or occasional freezing, our second one has lasted for years since we store it properly in our cool dark basement.
--
Jon Down

Thanks.
Always...ALWAYS listen to your wife. She may not be right but you will benefit in other ways.
In this case, she IS right. Store the solar cover until next season. When you close the pool, you normally "super shock" it to discourage algae growth during the winter. Continuous contact with high chlorinated water will accelerate deteriation (sp) of the solar cover.