Closet sliding doors - one sticks

I have heavy glass sliding doors in one bedroom closet. (They slide past each other on different rails.)
One of the doors has begun to stick, making it hard to push. I looked at the rail and saw black, sticky stuff. I'm conjecturing , faut de mieux, that it's rubber, somehow come off the gasket that (I assume) lines the underpart of the door that slides on the rail. Correct assumption?
I tried removing the gunk with several solvents -- alcohol and paint remover -- but no luck.
The doors are far too heavy for one person to remove just to examine the possibility of rubber (or whatever) coming off on the rail, and I don't want to call in reinforcements *if not necessary*.
However, if a gasket is deteriorating, I'd have to bite the bullet.
Thanks for any input.
TIA
Aspasia
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 19, 7:20 pm, aspasia wrote:

Good Morning from Composite Doors Manufacturer and suppliers,
Looking for modern and decorative composite doors, french doors, uPVC doors, bifolding doors, front doors, entrance doors, back doors, bi fold doors, automatic sliding doors in UK.
Please take some time to look through our wide range of doors. Imperial doors also make custom doors as per customer requirement at commercial price rate in UK. You can order online for speed and simplicity or call us to place your order by phone if you prefer.
http://www.compositedoors.com /
Add pictures here
✖
aspasia wrote in

That's like the dry heaves or something ain't it? Happen a lot? Maybe baking soda will help.

You're a rapper I bet.
Add pictures here
✖